Revstance is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- about each Buyer/Customer (as defined under Revstance’s Terms and Conditions of Service), Business (as defined under Revstance’s Terms and Conditions of Service), user or visitor (collectively “you” or “your”); and/or
- you provide to Revstance when (i) accessing https://www.revstance.com (hereinafter referred to as “Site”), and (ii) using the Services (as defined under Revstance’s Terms and Conditions of Service).
Information Revstance may Collect from You
Revstance collects the following information from you:
- User Account Information. You may give Revstance personal information that could identify you when registering a User Account on the Site, which includes your name and email address. On an optional basis, you may also provide us with your date of birth, gender, contact number, ethnicity, tag line and home/office address. This information is collected to (a) provide you access to our Site and Services, (b) allow you to review, upvote, check in and tip Products listed on the Platform, or (c) ensure that you list your Products on the Platform, (d) receive reviews and facilitate your access to REV Tokens (as defined under Revstance’s Terms and Conditions of Service).
- Banking Details. If you hold a premium Revstance Business User Account, you will need to provide your payment details to pay for your User Account. We use Stripe for the facilitation of such payments. We do not access, store, or collect any payment card or bank account information. The collection, use, and disclosure of such information is subject to the privacy policies of Stripe. You should review such privacy policies, terms, and other agreements of Stripe on https://stripe.com/gb/privacy.
- User Content. Our Site and Services allows you, depending on your choice of User Account to post reviews or list Product on the Platform which may contain any other personally identifiable information. You understand that you transmit such User Content voluntarily and publicly. We will only collect any information about you posted on such User Content strictly to make your review or Product publicly available or viewable on our Site and Services.
- Promotions and Surveys. From time to time, Revstance may ask you to complete a survey and/or offer you the opportunity to participate in promotions, or provide you with coupons, special offers or discounts issued by either Revstance or Businesses registered on our Site, that you may exchange for REV Tokens. If you choose to participate in any of the foregoing, we will collect and store the information you provide to us in connection with such promotion or survey. Your information, in this respect is collected only for the facilitation of such promotions and surveys and the provision of coupons, special offers or discounts to you.
- Communications with Revstance. When you communicate with Revstance or use Revstance’s support, we may collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide us. We collect this information as a means to enhance our Site and Services and provide you with proper support.
- Email Address and Contact Information. You may choose to enter the email addresses of your contacts, so that you may access certain features on Revstance’s Site, including but not limited to inviting other users to use Revstance’s Site and Services. We may collect such information to facilitate your access to such features.
- Other Information. You may otherwise choose to provide us information when you fill in a form, conduct a search, update or add information to your User Account, respond to surveys, post User Content, participate in promotions, or use other features on Revstance’s Site and Platform. Revstance will notify you and obtain your consent when we require additional information to facilitate any features on the Site.
Information We Automatically Collect from Your Use of the Site and Platform
When you use Revstance’s Site, Platform and Services, we may automatically collect the following information:
- Usage Information. We may collect information about your interactions with Revstance. Such information is collected as a means to provide, improve, and develop Revstance’s Site, Platform and Services; and to create a safer, trusted environment when you use our Site, Platform and Services.
- Log Data. We automatically collect log information when you use the Site and Platform, even if you have not created a User Account. This information includes, without limitation: details about how you’ve used our Site and Platform (including links to third party applications), IP address, virtual machine information, access times, the page or pages you have viewed or engaged with before or after using Revstance, device type, operating system type and version, unique device ID, browser, browser language, domain and other systems information, platform types, usage statistics about your interaction with the Site and the Services, including the Products listed and accessed, time spent on pages on the Site and use of Services, pages visited, search queries, click data, portions of the Site and Services used, date and time, and other information regarding your use of the Site and Services.
- Location Information. Revstance offers mapping services as part of the provision of our Site and Services using information provided by you when making a review as a registered user or Business. When you use certain features of Revstance’s Site that requires the use of mapping services, we will collect your IP address to facilitate our Site and Services and allow registered users to review, upvote, check in and tip for locations; or allow Businesses to make list Products on the Platform.
Information We Collect from Third Parties
Revstance may collect or receive information that third-party service providers may provide about you when using our Site and Services or obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Site and Services. We collect the following information from third parties:
- Analytics. We use Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel on our Site and Services to help us analyse how users use our Site and Services by noting when you arrive on our Site and Services, how often you use our Site and Services, the events that occur within our Site and Services and to further analyse usage data and performance data.
- Databases We use Amazon Web Services and NetNerd as a means of facilitating and hosting our Site and Services functioning; email functioning; and store your Account Information.
How We Use Information We Collect
Revstance uses, stores, and processes information we collect from you to provide, understand, improve, and develop Revstance’s Site, Platform and the Services, so as to create and maintain a trusted and safer environment.
We use, store and process all information we collect to:
- provide, improve, and develop our Site, Platform and Services.
- enable you to access and use the Site, Platform and Services and communicate with other registered users on the Site.
- operate, protect, improve and optimize your experience on the Site and Platform, such as by performing analytics and conducting research.
- send you service or support messages, such as updates, security alerts, and account notifications.
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us.
- allow Businesses to better understand their Buyers and/or Customers.
- provide you with information about other services we may offer.
- create and maintain a trusted and safer online environment.
- notify you about changes to our Site and Services.
- ensure that Content (as defined under Revstance’s Terms and Conditions of Service) from Revstance is presented in the most effective manner.
- administer the Site and Platform, and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- improve the Site and Platform so as to ensure that Content is presented in the most effective manner for you and on your mobile device.
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our Site;
- detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity.
- conduct investigations and risk assessments.
- verify or authenticate information or identifications provided by you.
- conduct checks against databases and other information sources.
- comply with our legal obligations.
- improve our advertising and marketing initiatives.
- measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- make suggestions and recommendations to you and other registered users about goods or services that may be of interest you or them.
- provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing user, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous enquiry by you. If you are a new user, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please notify us in writing.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may share your personal information to the following parties:
- Third Party Service Providers, Contractors or Agents. We may share your information with third party companies that perform services on our behalf. Such services include our Site and Services’ development, administration, maintenance, data analysis, marketing services, advertising services (including but not limited to retargeted advertising), e-mail and hosting services, and customer services and support. These third-party service providers may access any information we collect from you or automatically collect from you via our Site and Services or from any third-parties, and are required to use it solely as directed by us for the purposes outlined above. We may further use these third-party service providers to verify or authenticate your identification; check information against public databases; assist us with background checks, fraud prevention, and risk assessment; and to provide professional customer service.
- Analytics and/or other Similar Technological Services: We may use third-party analytics and other similar technologies to help us understand your usage of Revstance and to improve our Site and Services. We may provide any information that you provide us to such third-party analytics and data enrichment service providers to match such information with publicly available database information, including contact and social information from other sources, such as your email address, gender, company, job title, photos, Revstance URLs, social network handles and physical addresses. We use this combined information to communicate with you in a more effective and customized manner and to improve our Site and Services.
- Aggregate or De-identified Information. We may disclose or use aggregate or de-identified information to provide, improve, and develop our Site and Services and to create and maintain a trusted and safer environment.
- Promotions. We may share your information in connection with any promotion you enter on or through the Site, to administer, market, sponsor, or fulfil such promotion or as required by applicable laws, rules or regulations or in accordance with the applicable rules of the promotion. We may share your information with a third party assisting us in administering the Promotion, provided that you first agree to the sharing of such information. We will let you know exactly which information is to be collected prior to us sharing such information, and we will not share your information without first obtaining your consent.
- Advertising of Third Party Products/Services. We may use and share with third party advertisers (and other third parties) certain Information your provide to us or information that we may automatically collect from you or Information collected from third parties to show general demographic and preference information amongst our users and to improve our advertising. The information collected may be used to offer you targeted ad-selection and delivery in order to personalize your user experience by increasing the likelihood that advertisements for products and services you see will appeal to you. We will let you know exactly what information is to be collected prior to us sharing such information, and we will not share your information without first obtaining your consent.
Revstance cooperates with government and law enforcement officials to enforce and comply with the law. As such, we will share information with government agencies as required by law or as instructed by the relevant enforcement authorities of the United Kingdom. We may further disclose information about you to government or law enforcement officials if, in our sole discretion, we believe is necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), for matters including, but not limited to:
- protecting Revstance proprietary and intellectual property rights;
- securing a third parties’ proprietary and intellectual property rights;
- protecting the safety of the public or any person; or
- preventing or stopping activity we may consider to be, or which poses a risk of being, illegal, fraudulent, unethical or legally actionable activity.
Your Rights to Information
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. It is our legal obligation to inform you (before collecting your information) if we intend to use your information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. As such, Revstance will first obtain your consent prior to engaging in any such activity. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at info@Revstance.com or by opting-out of the process when we are going to request the sharing of your information for such purposes.
Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your User Account or use of the Site and Services. This includes administrative and service announcements sent via email or push notifications.
You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to Revstance. You may access, correct, or request deletion of your personal information by making updates to that information or by contacting us requesting such changes. If you request to access all personal information you have submitted to Revstance, you will have access to this and to change information from within Revstance manage account options under your User Account. All changes and requests will be effective immediately or within thirty (30) calendar days of initiating the request. If you completely delete all such information, then your User Account may become deactivated or permanently deleted. You are entitled to request to see and challenge information third parties provide to us as part of our fraud detection, prevention and risk assessment efforts. All requests should be addressed to info@Revstance.com.
You may access copies of your personal information held by Revstance by sending us an email at info@Revstance.com. Revstance may request proof of identification to verify your access request. If your personal information is inaccurate, you can notify us in writing, and we will update the relevant information that you are unable to update from your setting options in your User Account. You may also request the erasure of your personal information in accordance with the relevant data protection legislation.
Your Rights regarding the General Data Protection Regulation
For the purposes of complying with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”), Revstance is considered as the data controller in relation to your personal information. We have listed below, the principal rights you have under the GDPR:
(i) the right to access – you can ask for copies of your personal information;
(ii) the right to rectification – you can ask us to rectify inaccurate personal information and to complete incomplete personal information;
(iii) the right to erasure – you can ask us to erase your personal information from our systems;
(iv) the right to restrict processing – you can ask use to restrict the processing of your personal information;
(v) the right to object to processing – you can object to the processing of your personal information;
(vi) the right to data portability – you can ask us to transfer your personal information to another organization or to you;
(vii) the right to complain to a supervisory authority – you can complain about our processing of your personal information to the applicable authorities; and
(viii) the right to withdraw consent – you can request that we withdraw your consent to store and process your personal information except to the extent that the basis of our processing your personal information is required by law.
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal information by written notice to Revstance, using the contact details set out below. Should you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal information, please contact Revstance using the details provided below and we will endeavour to solve the problem for you.
Where We Store Your Personal Information
All information you provide to us is stored on our servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of Revstance’s Site, as such you are solely responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you not share your password with any third party.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted via the Site and Platform. Any transmission is at your sole risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict and reasonable procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Closing Your User Account
If your User Account is deactivated by Revstance or if you choose to deactivate your User Account, you will no longer be able to use the Site and Services. You may cancel your User Account at any time, under your profile. Please note that once a User Account is cancelled it cannot be recovered and may result in the deactivation of your profile on the Site.
Revstance will use commercially reasonable efforts to honour your request. Please note that information that you have shared with others or collected may continue to be publicly visible on Revstance’s Site, even after your User Account is cancelled. As such, certain information will actively continue to appear on Revstance even if you close your User Account. In addition, your Information may remain in our archives and information you update or delete, or information within a closed User Account, may persist internally or for our administrative purposes, unless you request us to delete it.
It is not always possible to completely remove or delete information from our databases, but we will ensure to make our best efforts to do so. You acknowledge that neither you nor Revstance can delete all copies of information that has been previously shared with other users on the Site and Platform.
Cookies are defined as small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive by your web browser when you visit any website. They allow data gathered on one web page to be stored until it is needed for use on another, allowing a website to provide you with a personalised experience and the website owner with statistics about how you use the website so that it can be improved. Some cookies may last for a defined period of time, such as one day or until you close your browser. Others last indefinitely. Your web browser should allow you to delete any you choose. It also should allow you to prevent or limit their use.
Security and Retention
Revstance is continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration. However, the Internet is not a secure environment, Revstance cannot therefore guarantee the security of the transmission or storage of your information. In case of security failure either on the Site or on any of our servers, we will inform you of such failure within seventy-two (72) hours.
We will retain your Information for as long as your User Account with Revstance is active. Please note that we will retain your information even if your User Account is either terminated or inactive to the extent necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and to facilitate our fraud monitoring, detection and prevention functions. Revstance will also retain your Information to comply with our tax, accounting, and financial reporting obligations, where we are required to retain your information for our contractual commitments. Where we retain any form of data collected from you, we do so in accordance with any limitation periods and records retention obligations that are imposed by all applicable laws.
Effective Date: [08/01/2021].